What an eventful and exciting year we have had here at Risdon Vale Primary School!
Our students have continued to work extraordinarily hard this year and have made wonderful progress in their learning. Our staff continue to show incredible care and commitment to our students and are constantly going above and beyond to ensure that our students have the very best primary school experience.
I would like to take this opportunity to publically thank those who contribute their time and effort to support the work we do here at school:
· Ann Harrison and the other staff and volunteers at the Risdon Vale Neighbourhood Centre who do so much to support our children and their families.
· Ant and his team at the Risdon Vale Bike Collective for their ongoing support and providing such amazing opportunities and mentoring for our students.
· Our amazing School Association who work tirelessly to provide support for our school through fundraising and running fun events for our families including the school fair, Halloween disco and the highly successful Pingo evenings.
· Our community volunteers who assist in classrooms, run extra programs and assist with sporting events. Nanny Marlene, Tremeka and Kath – we cannot thank you enough for what you do for our students.
· Lastly, but very importantly, thank you to the parents and families for their ongoing support for the work we do here at school.
The success of our school truly is a community effort and we can be so proud of what a fantastic little school we have!
On behalf of the staff, I would like to wish all of our families a wonderful Christmas and safe holidays. We look forward to welcoming you all back in February 2020.
This year we have to farewell a much-loved, long-serving staff member. Jacqui Cruse has been a teacher at Risdon Vale Primary School for over ten years. She has taught on a number of grades, including kinder, and has most recently been our Launching into Learning and LIFT teacher. She has worked tirelessly to support our students and their families.
Jacqui is heading to Sorell School next year for the next chapter in her career. I know Jacqui is thrilled to be teaching kinder/prep next year and is looking forward to this new and exciting challenge. We will miss you very much but we are also very happy for you and wish you all the very best.
This year Kate has proudly represented our school as a part of the Commissioner for Children and Young People Ambassador Program. Through this program, Kate has been learning about human rights and, particularly, the rights of children. Today, Kate was given the tremendous honour of speaking at a formal reception at Government House and being presented with a certificate by the Governor of Tasmania. We are all so very proud of you Kate!
Our kinders celebrated their ‘graduation’ today. They entertained their families with a Christmas concert, received a special certificate, enjoyed a visit from Santa and finished with a Christmas feast!